Synthetic Peptides are finding increasing use as therapeutics, diagnostics, for antibody production, and as tools for understanding biological processes. Neuland’s peptide synthesis services include production of peptides from milligrams to multi-kilogram scale by standard sequential chemical peptide syntheses and segment condensation strategies.
Most peptides between five and sixty amino acids are produced by standard solid phase peptide synthesis (SPPS) procedures. Multiple kilos of shorter length (up to 10 amino acids) are produced by solution phase methods. For longer peptides, containing up to 120 amino acids, segment condensation and ligation techniques are employed.
Neuland has expertise in both solution phase and solid phase synthesis methodologies. We have delivered 32 kg of a decapeptide for a US based company by solution phase segment condensation of two pentapeptide key starting materials. The N-terminal KSM utilized a pseudoproline at its C-terminus. (Further details of this project can be found in ‘Projects Realised’.)
Neuland has also developed proprietary technology, a preparative HPLC technique which is 10 to 20x better in throughput compared to the standard preparative HPLC technique.
These aforementioned abilities enable Neuland to offer the highest quality peptide products at competitive prices.
Synthesis of APIs, NCEs, & Other Services
- cGMP manufacture of peptide APIs, NCEs, and impurities
- Process development; route scouting; optimization & validation; and impurity profiling
- Large scale manufacture of complex amino acids and Fmoc-building blocks such as Pseudoprolines, Isoacyl Peptides, Dmb-derivatives, N-Methyl Amino Acids, etc.
- Analytical method development and validation
- Impurity profiling and validation
- Stability studies
- Supply of analytical reference standards
Drug Development Support
- Supply of clinical trial material
- Scale up from lab to pilot to commercialisation
- Filing DMF with the appropriate regulatory agencies